[EM] Re: Empirical data on cycles

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Sun Sep 4 04:46:34 PDT 2005

Dear Rob!

>From the following natural example, it seems to me DMC and wv are more
truncation resistant than margins:

Sincere:
  46 A>C>>B
  05 C
  49 B>C>>A
C is Condorcet Winner.

Truncation:
  46 A>C>>B
  05 C
  49 B
C still wins in DMC and wv, but B wins in margins.

Furthermore, also Smith//Approval has a problem here: Although it still
elects C here, only 3 of the A voters need to forget to approve of C to
make B the winner:

Truncation and Lazyness:
  03 A>>C>B
  43 A>C>>B
  05 C
  49 B
C still wins in DMC and wv, but B wins in margins and Smith//Approval.

What do you think?

Yours, Jobst