[EM] question re EM list history

Abd ulRahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Sat Sep 3 20:48:39 PDT 2005

At 04:28 PM 9/3/2005, Rob Lanphier wrote:
>I think the ER list was discontinued (and unfortunately,
>the official archive nuked) when Topica went under/was acquired,
>somewhere around the 2001/2002 timeframe.

Some people keep every e-mail they receive, excepting stuff that they
delete immediately. Where I have subscribed to mailing lists, I
normally have archives that are almost complete, the gaps being due
to things like ISP problems or, sometimes, system crashes. Other
subscribers may have those missing posts. So, if those archives were
important, it might be possible to reconstruct them....

(An archive of even a moderately active list can represent many
thousands of hours of work. It is a shame when such is lost....)