[EM] AWP versus DMC

Simmons, Forest simmonfo at up.edu
Wed Sep 7 09:01:31 PDT 2005

Dear James,

as I said in a recent message, I also think that AWP is more resistant to burying than DMC.  But until there is a simpler description of AWP, I will support DMC over AWP in the category of "Condorcet Public Proposals."

This brings up a question.  How good is MinMax(Approval Against)?

By "Approval Against" I mean number of ballots on which  X is approved and Y is not.

I bring this up because MinMax(Total Approval) turns out to be DMC, so it satisfies Smith and is clone-free, unlike MinMax(wv).

So I think there is a good possibility that MinMax(Approval Against) will be even better.

Forest