[EM] compulsory voting

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Fri Oct 21 18:43:57 PDT 2005

Having, supposedly, convinced me that voting is not worth doing, you
propose forcing me to do this useless task.

Makes no sense.  However, I reject your arithmetic.

--voting is not worth doing for an individual.  Name me just a single time
your vote has ever affected an election result (for a serious election).
Never huh?  OK, QED, you were stupid to bother voting.

--does make sense.  aritmmetic fine.  Your self-delusory bullshit about 5%
is what to reject.  If you are a master of 5% of the population, you
would not be sending me pathetic emails.

--But although voting is not worth bothering for any individual, obviously collectively
it is beneficial. In that sense it is like paying taxes.   So for the same reason, it
should be made compulsory.

Warren D Smith