[EM] STV with which quota?

stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 12 06:04:14 PDT 2005

Yes James I red it yesterday.

But all it proves is that sometimes it can happen
that Droop quota leads to a more proportional result than Hare quota.

Although I haven't yet finished my analysis, my actual feeling
is that Hare would usually lead to a more proportional result.
This is the point I would like to benefit from any EM member
analysis or I'll do it myself.  All I have concluded yet is that using any quota, any candidate that reaches the Droop quota will get elected.

Actually I presented STV yesterday in a meeting and insisted on the number of seat per district to maximize proportionality instead of
chosing any quota.

Sincerely yours, Stéph.