[EM] Deluxe MDDA

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:13:46 PDT 2005

Deluxe MDDA is just MDDA with a separate Approval cutoff, an opportunity for
the voter to indicate his/her lowest approved ranking. That means that one
can approve some, but not all, candidates, while ranking all of the
candidates. Obviously deluxe MDDA receives more information from voters.

So the definition would say:

1. A candidate is disqualified if another candidate is ranked over him/her
by a majority of the voters.
   (Unless that rule would disqualifly all of the candidates, in which case
no one is disqualified)

2. The winner is the un-disqualified candidate who is approved by the most
voters, by being at or above their least approved rank position.

[end of deluxe MDDA definition]

I suggest that the simpler balloting and briefer definition of ordinary MDDA
makes it a better public proposal. Ordinary MDDA uses only one
balloting-mode, the ranking, rather than asking for additional information
in the form of an Approval cutoff.

Both MDDA versions meet FBC, SFC, and SDSC. Deluxe MDDA's deluxeness isn't
needed, and for a first proposal, I suggest ordinary MDDA, defined in my

Mike Ossipoff