[EM] All 3 methods thwart truncation too.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:44:25 PDT 2005

The 3 methods that I discussed in my previous e-mail, when there are 3
candidates, always thwart offensive truncation against the CW, when the CW
has a majority against the candidate of the truncators.

Because of their SFC compliance, of course, wv and MDDA always have that
property. Again, I can't guarantee it for DMC when there are more than 3
candidates.

I don't know if I've  demonstrated that DMC fails SFC, or if I just assumed
it because there's no obvious reason to expect it to meet SFC. It seems to
me that if I'd used an example with more than 3 candidates to show that
criterion failure, that is something I wouldn't forget.

Unless I've made error with the 3-candidate case, regarding DMC, an SFC
failure example for DMC would need more than 3 candidates. That suggests
that maybe there isn't one. I don't know.
Maybe DMC meets SFC.

Mike Ossipoff