[EM] Paul reply

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 22:13:17 PDT 2005

Paul--

I'd said:

It's for the voters who, with Approval, would
>insincerely vote Kerry equal to Nader.
>
>Of course hopefully they wouldn't keep doing that in Approval, when Nader
>outpolls the Republican, or when they find out what a Democrat is.

You say:

If your election-method choice is based on the one most likely to satisfy
your political agenda, then take it somewhere other than a list about the
fairness of methods.

I reply:

Drat! Paul has discovered my secret agenda: I'd like a better voting system
that won't give voters strategic need to abandon their favorite, and
otherwise fail to express what they want, because
democracy isn't well served by discouraging people from expressing what they
want.

Mike Ossipoff