[EM] election-methods Digest, Vol 16, Issue 19

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Fri Oct 14 10:01:57 PDT 2005

 WMDDA is not Smith//approval
because the approvals have to be compatible with the rankings.

Also, I should say, in everything I have been discussing, I am forbidding
ranking "truncation" which I regard as an extremely obnoxious idea
invented by the devil.  If you do insist on truncation, do so in a matter
that auto-converts a truncated ballot to a real ballot (e.g. ranking the rest coequal-last)
so there is "really" no such thing as truncation.

I do not know what Ossipoff meant by the term "power truncation."

I am attempting correct my brain damge with self-surgery without anaesthesia, and
then I will send a message summarizing what I then think about WMDDA and friends.
wds