[EM] Criteria reply

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Wed May 18 10:45:05 PDT 2005

Dear Abd ulRahman Lomax,

You wrote (18 May 2005):
> Yet, if his conception of the method were truly independent, if he
> did not derive it by reading it somewhere, he could, in fact, have
> continued to claim that. What he could not claim is that he "first"
> invented it, once he was aware of prior work.(...) This constant
> personality discussion here is tiresome and a huge distraction
> for everyone involved, except for those who simply ignore it.

Sorry for my sloppy formulation. I didn't mean to offend Russ
Paielli. I was referring to this conversation:

http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2005-April/015539.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2005-April/015545.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2005-April/015546.html

I didn't mean to say that Russ Paielli tried to claim credit
for something that he didn't deserve credit for.

Markus Schulze