[EM] Re: fixing DMC page on electowiki

Abd ulRahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Thu May 12 20:20:24 PDT 2005

At 01:30 PM 5/12/2005, Araucaria Araucana wrote:
>In both my post and my writings on the DMC web page, I was trying to
>explain the method, not the motivation behind it.

Note that good explanation for a complex proposal will include motivation
because motivation for an aspect of the proposal allows it to be
understood. When aspects seem arbitrary because the function of them is
unknown to the reader, confusion rises.

Yes, there is a value to having an entry for the bare method. But most
encyclopedias, for example, would include the reasons why a defined
practice is done as well as describing the practice itself. And, yes, it's
a wiki, so this can be supplied by anyone; as a corollary, the
responsibility for doing it rests with no one in particular. I can't fault
Q for not providing this information, though I have pointed out that the
explanation which is there is quite difficult to understand, at least for
this reader, without it.