[EM] proof that ER-IRV(fractional) meets WDSC?

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Wed May 4 15:54:41 PDT 2005

Markus wrote:
>Dear James Green-Armytage,
>please read:
>http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2004-June/013337.html
>http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2004-June/013353.html

(Provides an example where ER-IRV(fractional) apparently violates WDSC.)

	Markus, thanks for the example. I could have saved myself some trouble if
I had caught that the first time around. Looks like my proof is wrong. At
least I gained some experience by attempting it!
	I think that my mistake was in steps 10 and 11. I think that my proof
probably works for three candidates, but that's not very useful.

Sincerely,
James