[EM] Dave on approval, ranked ballots

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 27 07:39:17 PDT 2005

Eric,

--- Eric Gorr <eric at ericgorr.net> a écrit :
> > With ranked ballots one can't be sure that
> > the method won't pick and choose what information to use, or even (in the
> > first example) use the information to elect the ballot's last choice.
>
> I do wish that the various Condorcet Methods passed the Participation
> Criterion, much like I wish Approval Voting was  guaranteed to select
> the winner which would have received 50%+1 of the first place votes if a
> ranked ballot method has been used.

What I want, is when two candidates have majority approval, the pairwise
winner between them is elected. Unfortunately, this seems to be incompatible
with FBC.

If I could magically get this behavior and FBC, I could probably also
fix the problem of changing a vote from A=B>C to A>B>C moving the win
from B to C.

Kevin Venzke