[EM] Re: rank/approval cutoff ballot

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Wed Jul 20 13:55:18 PDT 2005

At 01:40 PM 7/20/2005, Araucaria Araucana wrote:
>And we reach the key point!  Paper ballot is the only true one
>counted.  The terminal is merely an assistant.

The paper ballot is the only one that *counts* in the long run, since it
was verified by the voter, but the machine counts might be transmitted and
used for announcing results. The paper ballots could be scanned to confirm
the transmitted votes, later. (The ballot would be designed for easy
scanning with any home computer and a scanner. Which means that each
precinct could scan its own ballots and compare them with precinct results
from the central tabulation agency.)