[EM] citations for general concepts of winning votes and margins?

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Sun Jul 24 18:26:54 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

	I have a question: If one is writing a scholarly book or article on the
subject of Condorcet methods, do you think that it is necessary to provide
a citation for the general concept of winning votes, or for the general
concept of margins? If so, who should be cited?
	I am inclined to think that, given the concept of pairwise comparison in
general, the concepts of WV and margins in themselves may be obvious
enough that they do not require citation. However, it may be better to err
on the side of caution.

thank you,
James