[EM] Alright, next try. Range voting fix, version 2.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Fri Dec 9 16:18:24 PST 2005

At 08:49 PM 12/8/2005, Scott Ritchie wrote:
>Here's an example where it will never resolve:
>
>Voter 1:
>A: 100
>B: 40
>C: 0
>
>Voter 2:
>A: 45
>B: 0
>C: 100
>
>Voter 3:
>A: 0
>B: 100
>C: 60
>
>A simple Condorcet cycle.

Three voters, each with a different first place preference among
three candidates. In FPTP, this is a three-way tie. No Condorcet
winner. Range, interestingly enough, does produce a winner, and I'd
suggest that -- in such an artificially weird election -- the Range
winner is probably the best that can be chosen from among the three.

Range totals