[EM] Rob Brown's "repair" of range voting

rob brown rob at karmatics.com
Wed Dec 7 00:27:05 PST 2005

I'll agree with you then.  It appears it is unfixable.  I figured I'd make a
stab at making it so that, if you are going to have the complex interface
needed to allow giving each candidate a numerical rating, that it would be
for good, rather than just to trick ignorant voters into doing something
against their interest, or for disenfranchising those who choose sincerity
over strategy.

So, let me ask this.  Occasionally there will be simple "yes / no" votes.
Do you think following each yes/no vote, there should be something like
this?:

How much do you want your vote to count (check one):

( ) As much as possible
( ) 90% of as much as possible
( ) 80% of as much as possible
( ) 70% of as much as possible