[EM] wiki emergency: home page hacked (and maybe more)

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Tue Aug 30 11:38:33 PDT 2005

It's fixed now, and the IP is blocked.

Not sure what the sluggishness you saw was.  It was pretty zippy for me.

I wouldn't refer to this as a "hack" (you had me worried for a sec).  A
"hack" would be a case where someone circumvented the security measures
in place.  Since anyone can edit a wiki, they were doing something they
were permitted to do under the security policy.  "Vandalism" or "spam"
are more appropriate descriptions.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.  I think it's all better now.

Rob