[EM] Re: IRV vs Range on totalizing machines

RLSuter at aol.com RLSuter at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 19:09:23 PDT 2005

Just for clarification, the Executive director of the Center for
Voting and Democracy is Rob Richie, not Scott Ritchie. Note
that the last names are spelled differently. For CVD contact
information and names other other staff people, visit the CVD
website at:

www.fairvote.org

Scott Ritchie wrote (quoting Warren Smith):

 > Are you the same Scott Ritchie associated with the CVD, the important
 > pro-IRV-voting group?  If so, I believe we should talk.  I believe the CVD,
 > while having accomplished a great deal (and I'm sure you are a lot
 > more familiar with what those accomplishments are, and I would like to
 > know about them), is headed in some important wrong directions which
 > probably will assure failure.  (And I am not the only one who feels this
way.)

 I've never really worked personally with them, but my name has appeared
 in so many places regarding voting it's likely the case that you're
 thinking of me.  Right now I'm involved with a very local campaign
 you've probably not heard of known as Davis Citizens for Representation
 http://www.davischoicevoting.org/ trying to use a multimember
 proportional STV method for our city council elections rather than
 plurality at large (which is rather common among American localities.)