[EM] Simplifying ballots

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Tue Aug 16 13:12:34 PDT 2005

"Imagine the drama we would have had in the Perot, Bush, Clinton election
that was referred to recently by Rob Lanphier.  Any one of the three would
have had enough assets to make either of the others the winner. That's a lot
of political leverage!  No responsible representative should or would back
down until he had exacted enough real or symbolic concessions to take the
edge off any supposed "mandate" of the eventual victor."

Imagine the "drama" we'd have had if every voter who listened to his radio
show turrned over all the assets to Rush Limbaugh.

I want a solid "chain of evidence" from how my vote was ultimately counted
back to what I wrote on my ballot. I couldn't stand proxys when I held stock
in specific companies because the "vote for proxy" thing meant any coalition
of bad minorities could make my position irrelevant. (See all the
shareholder lawsuits against BODs who promoted themselves as proxies if you
think I'm the only one who thinks that doesn't work...)