[EM] Center for Range Voting Formed

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Thu Aug 11 14:13:24 PDT 2005

Warren,

My apologies.  I did not mean to call you a liar.  I maintain that any
statement that Range Voting is somehow Condorcet-winner compliant is
misleading.  I'm not saying you intend to mislead, just observing that I
believe the site, as written, has that effect.  I'm hoping that, as the
honest guy I hope you are, you'll change the site.

I forgot to paste the URL of the page into my original mail, so here it
is now:
http://math.temple.edu/~wds/crv/rangeVcond.html

I did zero in on the first definition.  You are correct that your second
definition attempts to describe how Range Voting fails Condorcet winner.
I found the second definition somewhat confusing, but not as problematic
as the first definition, which is why I focused on that.

Breaking up the definition into two sections as though both are
completely accurate and equal definitions of the Condorcet winner
criterion makes it appear as though the Condorcet winner criterion is
poorly defined.  Do you believe that the Condorcet winner criterion is
poorly defined?

Rob