[EM] Mike: self-contradiction

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Thu Apr 28 01:54:47 PDT 2005

Mike,
	You wrote these two statements in the same posting:

>CR passes the Majority Criterion.
>CR fails the Majority Criterion.

http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2005-April/015737.html

	Judging by the context, I don't think that either statement was a mere
typo.
	Apparently you believed that CR passes the majority criterion when you
began to write your reply, but during the course of your reply, you
learned that CR does not pass the majority criterion. Perhaps you learned
this from reading the example I provided, where CR fails the majority
criterion.
	This suggests to me that you write some or all of your posts in a stream
of consciousness manner, replying to a message bit by bit before you even
finish reading the whole message. It also suggests that you do not read
your posts after you write them. If you had, I assume that you would have
noticed and deleted your earlier statement "CR passes the majority
criterion" before sending the message to the list.
	I suggest that you should consider reading each message in its entirety
before you reply to it bit by bit. This should help reduce wasted effort
on your part, and confusion on the part of those who read your posts.

Sincerely,
James