[EM] Markus, immune set

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 19:52:13 PDT 2005

Markus--

You said:

you wrote (21 Apr 2005):
>By the way, though someone has probably already mentioned
>this, the immune set, the set of candidates who could be
>elected without violating the Strong Beatpath Criterion
>(SBC) is the same as the winner set of BeatpathWinner.
>SBC is based on Steve's BC.

That's not correct.

[...]

What Jobst Heitzig calls "the immune set" is the set of
those candidates who can be elected according to Steve's
beatpath criterion. On the other side, "the winner set of
BeatpathWinner" is the set of potential Schulze winners.

I reply:

I was assuming that James' definition of Jobst's immune set was correct.
James defined it in a way that's the same as the set of candidates who can
be elected without violating the Strong Beatpath Criterion. You say it's the
Beatpath Criterion rather than the Strong  Beatpath Criterion. Either you're
wrong or James was. It doesn't matter. Jobst could clarify whether it's you
or James who has correctly defined the immune set, but it isn't something
that I'd make an issue about.

Mike Ossipoff