[EM] No, James, I don't refer to Simpson-Kramer as Plain Condorcet

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:50:33 PDT 2005

James--

You said:

>minimax
>(the method Mike refers to as "plain Condorcet")

As Markus demonstrated by posting a quote, minmax is a name for
Simpson-Kramer.

In fairly recent postings, I'd told why Plain Condorcet and Siimpson-Kramer
are obviously not the same thing.

Here's what Plain Condorcet (PC) is:

If there's no unbeaten candidate, then drop the weakest defeat. Repeat till
someone is unbeaten. They win and the count ends.

[end of PC definition]

I hope you'll forgive me if I ask to be the one to say what I mean by Plain
Condorcet. I mean, by Plain Condorcet, what I said above, in the definition
there.

I don't mean Simpson-Kramer,which is what minmax means, and which is a
completely different method, as I recently demonstrated on EM.

Mike Ossipoff