[EM] anti-Borda

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Sun Sep 19 16:54:48 PDT 2004

seppley at alumni.caltech.edu writes:
>When Moulin wrote about reinforcement and participation
>in his book, he called them "very strong arguments" for
>using a scoring rule (such as plurality rule and Borda)
>instead of a Condorcet-consistent rule.  In my webpages,
>I argue that they are very weak arguments.

Yes again. And oh, by the way, if anyone wants to read some anti-Borda
vitriol, I wrote such an essay last year. It can now be found at
http://fc.antioch.edu/~jarmyta@antioch-college.edu/voting_methods/antiborda.htm
I summarized most of the primary reasons why I think that the Borda count
should not be used for real elections. So, um, if you ever get into an
argument with some head-in-the-sand pro-Borda weirdo, I guess you can
refer them to this page.

my best,
James