[EM] You all missed JOBST's Big Bang where wrong "A over B" numbers are created

Craig Carey research at ijs.co.nz
Tue Sep 7 07:34:18 PDT 2004

At 2004-09-07 09:18 -0400 Tuesday, Warren Schudy wrote:
>I strongly recommend that you stop needlessly insulting Mr. Schultz.
>Insulting someone you are debating is often considered an implicit
>admission of defeat. I, at least, will not take your ideas seriously until
>you treat the rest of the list with a little respect.
>
>-wjs
>
>/-----------------------------------------\
>| Warren Schudy                           |
>| WPI Class of 2005                       |
>| Physics and computer science major      |
>| AIM: WJSchudy  email: wschudy at wpi.edu   |
>| http://users.wpi.edu/~wschudy/          |
\-----------------------------------------/

The URL could be something that explains better Mr Schudy's ability to
detect "a mood of feeling insulted" with such speed.

I didn't click on the URL, since guessing that every one who browses
to Mr Schudy's website can browse through the entire site and not find
out how to categorize a 3rd not-named person, as underneath the
influence of sudden apperceptions of feeling bad ("insulted").

It is a beginners blunder to come out with some comments on politeness.

With a lot of scepticism I can read your arguments on how Mr Schulze
is emotionally sensitive. Perhaps it was not him at all.

Your strong recommendation is, (of course) rejected.

To serve the public interest, Mr Schudy should name ALL of the people
who:
(a) detected a "debate" [there was none], and
(b) who need to know who was described as being insulted.
(c) After collating all of the names of insulted American students or
   Lanphier's friends, or whatever, I wish to get all the names
   e-mailed to me.

I guess that is no accident that Mr Schudy did not say MR SCHULZE
got insulted.

The best I can think of is to try this:
   for the brief time he has been writing, Mr Schudy has **Abused** the
   mailing list. Abuse is evident when making empty allegations that
   some one had a feeling of being "insulted".

Mr Schudy seems to dived into the dumbest mailing list on the topic of
designing preferential voting methods. I use algebra and I seem to be
the only one. There is nothing indicating that Mr Schudy was speaking
on behalf of Mr SCHULZE.

Craig Carey
single-transferable-vote, politicians-and-polyopes