[EM] cyclic ballots

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Mon Sep 6 16:34:53 PDT 2004

Only problem is no one has made a case against Jobst's original suggestion
that any method that depends upon pair-wise comparisons should allow
pair-wise input.

The "social choice" theorists only say "I don't like them" and there's no
argument against that.

Prove that you can infer my pair-wise choices from my ranked ballot, if you
want to use my ranked ballot to populate a pair-wise matrix.

It can't be done. So just allow the voters to explicitly input their
pair-wise preferences.

This is not rocket science.