[EM] Cycles in sincere individual preferences
kislanko at airmail.net
Mon Sep 6 13:46:59 PDT 2004
From: election-methods-electorama.com-bounces at electorama.com
[mailto:election-methods-electorama.com-bounces at electorama.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 3:34 PM
To: election-methods-electorama.com at electorama.com
Subject: Re: [EM] Cycles in sincere individual preferences
Just a summary of my opinions (in case anyone misunderstood):
1. Incomplete or even individual prefs are no problem for most methods.
2. Whether some set of individual prefs is rational or logical doesn't
3. We should not restrict freedom of preference expression without need.
4. Methods based on pairwise comparisons should ask the voter for:
pairwise comparisons, of course.
5. Expressing that some pairwise preference is more important than some
other pairwise preference could be allowed as long it does not become
6. I did not understand a word of what Craig wrote, perhaps because I'm
not a native speaker of the english language.
Election-methods mailing list - see http://electorama.com/em for list info
More information about the Election-Methods