[EM] You all missed JOBST's Big Bang where wrong "A over B" numbers are created

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 6 03:26:08 PDT 2004

Dear Craig Carey,

you wrote (6 Sep 2004):
> MR SCHULZE was showing real ruthlessness to me at the times
> I asked for information on how he created the "X over Y"
> subtotal. I still DO NOT HAVE MR SCHULZE's algorithm: MR
> SCHULZE was censoring out the same part that MR HEITZIG
> was not commenting.

I don't consider the used algorithm to be a part of the
proposed single-winner election method. There are tons
of shortest path algorithms in the scientific literature.
My favorite shortest path algorithm is Floyd's algorithm
(aka Floyd-Warshall algorithm) because it has a polynomial
runtime and a very short source code. However, neither in
the definition of the Schulze single-winner election method
nor in the proof that it is well defined nor in the proofs
that it satisfies Pareto, monotonicity, resolvability,
independence of clones, and reversal symmetry I refer
to a concrete shortest path algorithm.

Markus Schulze