[EM] Re: Kerry-Nader negotiation initiative

Rob Brown rob at karmatics.com
Thu Sep 2 14:22:52 PDT 2004

This is a very good idea, and I will help if I can.

Some time ago, I had the idea to start a site with the goal of convincing
Nader fans that voting for him was a bad idea, but unlike other such sites,
mine would have a technical emphasis and explain why our plurality system is
so broken (and thus why voting for a 3rd party candidate actually hurts,
rather than helps, a voter's cause).  I didn't get very far on it, but the
outline is at http://www.karmatics.com/voting/outline.html , and there are a
couple articles linked to it.  If you want that kind of thing for your site,
maybe I can contribute.  I still think that the more people understand
election theory, the less likely they are to vote for Nader, and the more
likely they would be see the value in a Nader/Kerry negotiation.

-rob