[EM] Re: Condorcet baseball rankings

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Fri Oct 29 15:40:22 PDT 2004

You can't substitute "games-won" for "votes". They are two different things.

I take things seriously, including mathematical logic. If you were "implying
that Condorcet completion methods such as RP or Beatpath could be used to
evaluate the round-robin winner when no team is undefeated by any other" you
are mistaking both sports contests and voting methods.

It is much more likely that the hundreds of rating systems developed for
comparing sports teams who haven't played head-to-head would be applicable
to a voting system than it is for a voting system to be applicable to
sorting out who's the best team in a sporting event.