[EM] Does MAM use the Copeland method?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Wed Oct 6 14:43:20 PDT 2004

I'm not sure where exactly this is going.

Paul, I don't think anyone is saying you 'must' support MAM, or that
everyone will like it.  If so, I agree that's silly.

I think the statement being made is that -- even given an unusual
series of cyclic ties like this -- MAM gives an outcome least
objectionable to the greatest number of people.  Not unobjectionable,
just least objectionable.

The question I am curious about is whether you can think of a *better*
system that would be more acceptable, or whether you just dislike the
fact that MAM isn't perfect?

-- Ernie P.
Disclaimer: I advocate Maximum Majority Voting, which is a MAM
derivative, so I consider MAM optimal (under criteria that matter to
me).