[EM] Does MAM use the Copeland method?

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Wed Oct 6 13:35:18 PDT 2004

At 2:52 PM -0500 10/6/04, Adam Tarr wrote:
>Nope.  The idea is simply to take someone's grades and translate
>them into a ranked ordering.  So if I give Joe an A, Bob and Sally
>B's, and Frank a D, my ballot becomes:

I am beginning to like this idea myself. One could extend the grades
allowed a bit, without leaving what would be well understood by the
voters with including the +, - grades as well.

This gives 14 possible bins (A+ A A-, ... , D+ D D-, F, E) in which
to place candidates, which should be more then enough.

Using this method solves the most troublesome user interface issues.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu