[EM] Alternative electoral systems as tools to promote socialnetworks and activism

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 24 13:42:44 PST 2004

I so agree with you Bryan that I developped a mathematical criteria
to mesure what follows for different electoral system. I call that
individual approbation rate (residual individual approbation rate in the case
of transferable voting methods).  To simplify it measures the proportionality
of an election, while not allowing compensations when disproportions in one
region (multi-membered or not) are the reverse of disproportions in another
region. I can show some examples if you give me results of some method.

Steph