Irrelevant Vs. Clone (was RE: [EM] IRV in San Francisco)

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Tue Nov 16 15:14:58 PST 2004

YES! That's what I didn't have the right words to say. ICC is a subset of
IIA is what I meant by "ICC is a weaker formulation of IIA". Something can
satisfy ICC but not satisfy IIA.

The original question was how to define the word "spoiler", and I've come to
the conclusion that it cannot be used at all without some qualification. An
"IRV-spoiler" might be a clone or it might be an IA, and it can be one
without being both.