[EM] IRV in San Francisco

Justin Sampson justin at krasama.com
Thu Nov 11 20:12:36 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Brian Olson wrote:

> Between this story and all of the snafu going on with the DRE voting
> machines, my appraisal of the quality of software engineering in this
> country is going down. Even Microsoft could do better.

As a software engineer I'm certainly apalled but not really surprised.
Most software shops are totally undisciplined. It's amusing to me that
some of the most vocal opponents of paperless computerized voting are
software engineers and other technologists -- we love software but don't
trust it.

Justin