[EM] Fw: borda count

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 04:46:51 PST 2004

Steve Eppley  > Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 1:07 AM

> But I accept Paul's point.  There might be some decision,
> somewhere, where Borda would be a good voting method.

No matter how you manipulate the points allocated to successive preferences, it will, I think,
always be possible for the Borda winner to be a candidate other than the one candidate who secured
an absolute majority of the first preferences.  How then can Borda be "a good voting method"?
James