[EM] Fw: borda count

Mike mrouse1 at mrouse.com
Sat Nov 6 10:55:49 PST 2004

Here's a similar question: Does it matter if we use a Borda count of
3-2-1-0 (Highest score wins) or 0-1-2-3 (lowest score wins)? I thought I
read somewhere they weren't necessarily symmetric, but I can't think of
any counterexamples so I might be mistaken. I *do* think the lowest
score wins version makes it easier to compare elections with varying
numbers of candidates if you are going to use the Borda count anyway.

Mike
mrouse1 at mrouse.com