[EM] Electronic and paper ballots: Nevada touch screen with paper backup

DH Madden dhmadden at cox.net
Tue Nov 9 20:16:29 PST 2004

I early voted in Las Vegas on the machine which is called "The edge machine" and I poll watched for 12 hours on Nov 2 where two such machines were used.

I neither saw nor heard of any problems.  The only minor factor was that at the end of voting in the shutdown process, the paper totals record scrolls into the storage case of the Edge Machine leaving only the bottom 12 inches of ballot qustions displayed so you cannot get an immediate total of votes per candidate.

The "Full Face" touch screen machines provide a removable paper totals sheet along with the electronic cartridge.

Dan Madden