[EM] outcome of Nevada's experiment?

Alex Small alex_small2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 14:56:57 PST 2004

I heard that Nevada experimented with touch-screen machines that include a printer to ensure voter-verified paper backups.  Has anybody seen any reports on how that went?

I think such a measure would be particularly interesting to this group.  Complicated ranked methods would be easier to implement with touch screen machines rather than paper ballots, but a paper back-up provides better security.  This seems like the best of both worlds, assuming that nobody ran out of toner...