[EM] Re: equal rankings IRV

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Sun Jun 13 14:15:02 PDT 2004

Chris Benham <chrisbenham at bigpond.com> writes:
>James (and Mike),
>How do you define equal-rankings allowed IRV (whole)?
>With a  "majority stopping rule", or not  not ?
>Chris  Benham

I would say not. Might as well just go on until only one candidate
remains. Majority stopping rules in regular IRV are a false issue anyway,
since the result is always equivalent to the result when you just keep
going until you get to the last man standing.

I realize that a majority stopping rule would be screwy with
ER-IRV(whole). So I don't see any reason to mess with it.

best,
James