[EM] IMHO, IRV superior to approval

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 06:53:02 PDT 2004

I agree with you Adam, but it leads me again to the same comment I gave Mike:

Maybe I need more mathematical support on this but, even if I agree with Mike,
I evaluate the number of time I would have to bury my favourite in order to
get it elected with IRV far less than the number of time I could lose him by not
setting
properly my approval cut-off with approval. It is a matter of odds
(probability).
Could someone evalute those, even just for a small case?

Steph