[EM] Chris Benham: IRV & Approval reply

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 21:00:48 PDT 2004

I still rarely check EM, and rarely reply to something. I never did check
this message from Chris, so I'm just making a few brief comments now.

CB: You are not  STILL talking about the apocryphal  "3  Australians"?

Apocryphal meaning what? That I didn't do a scientific poll in Australia? We
don't have that, and so we must go by what we have.

Still talking about it? Well, they didn't contact me to take back what
they'd said.

You said:

>From the point-of-view of voters that aren't interested in
strategising, Approval doesn't "guarrantee" anything.

I reply:

It isn't quite clear what strategy guarantees you want Approval to offer to
people who aren't interested in strategizing anyway.

And I don't know why Albert was "applying" Duverger's law to methods to
which Duverger didn't "apply" it.

Mike Ossipoff