[EM] Condorcet for public proposals - IMV

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Sat Jan 31 09:49:03 PST 2004

>For Ernest's proposal, I suggest terms like "Smith-MinMax"
>or "Smith-Simpson-Kramer".

While these are certainly accurate names for the method, Ernest's goal was
to come up with a name that catchy and that instantly gives some idea of
the method to a layman.  "Instant Matchup Voting" does this job pretty well
- it might not be exactly what I would have picked , but it's a very good
choice.

For comparison, note that IRVists have been successful plugging IRV, as
oppose to "Hare-STV".

-Adam