[EM] Re: To Bill Lewis Clark re: stepping-stone

Bill Lewis Clark wclark at xoom.org
Sat Jan 24 14:26:02 PST 2004

Bill Lewis Clark wrote:

>> Number of potential presidential candidates supporting IRV: 2
>> (Dean and Kucinich)

>> Number of potential presidential candidates supporting Condorcet: 0

Rob LeGrand added:

> Number of potential presidential candidates supporting Approval: 1
> (Badnarik)

That's great!

Unfortunately, this qualification of my original statement trumps it:

Number of potential presidential candidates FROM A MAJOR PARTY supporting
IRV: 2

As much as it irks me (because were I to vote sincerely, it likely *would*
be for a Libertarian candidate) third-party candidates simply aren't going
to get any significant amount of media attention, for the time being.  So,
to be perfectly blunt about it, it really doesn't matter what they
support.

> The Libertarian Party of Cass County, Missouri, is conducting on online
> poll for Libertarian presidential candidates.  Support Approval Voting
> by voting for Michael at http://cass.molp.org/polls.htm !

Done.  And thanks for the heads-up.

(Actually, does anyone know offhand which candidates -- from ANY party --
support which alternative voting systems, if any?  Badnarik doesn't
mention his stance anywhere on his site, that I can find, so apparently a
straight-forward web search won't necessarily help in compiling this
information.)

Howard Dean (Democrat) - IRV
Dennis Kucinich (Democrat) - IRV
Michael Badnarik (Libertarian) - Approval

-Bill Clark

--
Dennis Kucinich for President in 2004
http://www.kucinich.us/