[EM] New (?) Condorcet method: LeastSchwartzBeat[By]

Ernie Prabhakar drernie at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 00:58:02 PST 2004

Hi again,

Sorry, I shouldn't try to write at midnight - I realized I got step 5
backwards. Of course, I may be making an even worse mistake now that's
1 AM....

Rather than LeastSchwartzBeat, I think I actually want
LeastSchwartzBeatBy (LSBB).   That is, the candidate which loses to
other Schwartz set members by the smallest amount, will be the first
one to have all the beats against him or her dropped, and is thus the
winner.    If a candidate has more than one beat against them, then use
the largest (since that's the last dropped).

However, I can't (at this hour) figure out if this method is equivalent
to SSD or RP (MAM), or even how exactly the two differ.   Help!

Thanks,
- Ernie P.