[EM] Richard was right: The elections are 0-info.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:27:05 PST 2004

When Richard said that the public elections are 0-info, I disagreed at the
time, because we have polls, and voting results. But the polls are mostly
the ones presented by the mass media. And the voting results are Plurality
results. Plurality does a magnificently efficient job of concealing what
voters want.

So, with those as our information sources, what we have is 0-info.

Of course if there's a poll done & reported by people whom you trust, that's
different. And if the time ever comes when the elections are by Approval or
wv--or SMA, NES, DSV, etc., then the published voting results will make the
next election _not_ a 0-info election.

We know on this list that 0-info Approval strategy is: Vote for the
above-mean candidates.

Since we're now using Plurality, it's of interest what the 0-info Pluralityi
strategy is. It's:

Vote for your favorite.

That strategy fact is relevant to the upcoming presidential election. In the
primary, and in the general election, unless you have _reliable_
information, not from the mass media, about who's more winnable, or how the
Pij compare, or which honest candidate is most likely to be able to take
victory from the not-so-honest ones, then vote for your favorite, because
that's Plurality's 0-info strategy.

Mike Ossipoff