[EM] supermajority

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 28 06:56:15 PST 2004

Dear James Green-Armytage,

these proposals to combine Condorcet methods and
supermajority requirements have been discussed in the
"Debian-EM Joint Committee" between December 2000 and
April 2001.

******

You wrote (27 Dec 2004):
> Tally: Do a ranked pairs tally. We'll call the winner
> option A. Is A consented to by at least 70% of the voters?
> If so, option A is selected. If not, then the status quo
> remains in place.

In the Committee, this proposal was called "Ossipoff".

******

You wrote (27 Dec 2004):
> Tally: Eliminate all candidates who are not in the minimal
> dominant set, and who are not consented to by at least 70%
> of the voters. If any candidates remain, hold a ranked pairs
> tally between them to determine the winner.

In the Committee, this proposal was called "Miller-1".

Markus Schulze