[EM] Displaying intermediate results in Condorcet-based elections (re: Rob Brown's original question)

Rob Brown rob at hypermatch.com
Wed Oct 29 19:35:26 PST 2003

At 01:27 PM 10/29/2003, you wrote:
>Well, finding a set of scores that reflect the way the election was
>decided is
>not hard.  For example, using beatpath scores of each loser against the
>winner
>works.  The real trick is finding a set of scores that convey information you
>actually care about.

Well, I have nothing against using beatpaths if the scores really do
represent the way the results are tabulated (except that I must admit, I've
yet to quite understand how to work that method into my code .. I will look
into it further unless I first hit upon something that is really really
easy to code and works really well :) ).  I have heard your suggestion of
instead using the pairwise score against the winner, but don't feel it
meets my criteria of being consistant with the logic used for determining
ranking order.  I prefer not have something that is "use this method,
unless a certain case happens that causes a noticable conflict and then
fall back on a completely different system".

-rob