[EM] direct democracy / proxy system proposal

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Thu Oct 23 21:14:02 PDT 2003

>Forgive me for not understanding, but what is the purpose? As a voter, it
>is
>much harder for me to make a separate ranked list of proxies for each
>issue
>than it is just to express my opinion for each issue.

	I am pretty sure that I already answered this question in my posting.
After the description of the method, there is a narrative part where I
explain the justification for it. Did you read that? Basically, the point
is to give the voter as many choices as possible. If they just want to
vote on an issue, they are welcome to do so. If they would rather just sit
back and let their standing proxy work on it for them, that's fine too.
Or, if a voter happens to know of the existence of an expert on that
issue, s/he can just defer to them. It's totally up to the voter.

James